Social psychology is a very important aspect of social work. From understanding the theories of group dynamics and predicting how individuals will respond, a good understanding of social psychology can greatly help social workers perform their duties. One of the foundations of social work is understanding human needs, and a background in social psychology is paramount.
Social Psychology Resources
- A Sociological Social Psychology: A social psychology outline from Professor Kearl at Trinity University.
- Social Psychology Basics: An intro to social psychology.
- Current Research in Social Psychology: Recent articles in the field.
- Social Psychological Principles in Humor: Cartoons and humorous studies relating to social psychology.
- Psychology Resources on the Web: Comprehensive list of psychology resources.
- Social Psychology Resources: Huge compilation of resources pertaining to social psychology.
- Theories of Social Psychology Overview: Complete overview of many aspects of social psychology.
- Social Psychology Network: Articles, research, and resources for social psychologists.
- Social Psychology Links: Complete list of links from the Social Psychology Network, including resources on social work.
- Science Daily’s Social Psychology News: The latest research on social psychology for the scientific community.
- Social Work Resources: Studies and information on various aspects of social work.
- 10 Billiant Social Psychology Experiments: Ten interesting experiments that exemplify the theories of social psychology.
- Forsyth’s Group Dynamics: One of the most comprehensive pages on group dynamics.
- Research Center for Group Dynamics: One of the country’s foremost centers focused on the study of group dynamics.
- Group Dynamics, Processes & Development: Overview of group psychology and inner workings.
- Managing Group Dynamics: Explains how to observe and manipulate the dynamics of a group.
- Cult Dynamics: Social Psychology and Group Dynamics: Explanation of behavior modification and group actions.
- Four Principles of Interpersonal Communication: Explains the main principles associated with interpersonal communication.
- Interpersonal Communication Context: Complete overview of interpersonal communication theories.
- Workplace Interpersonal Relations: Analysis of workplace relationships.
- Interpersonal Attraction: Attempts to debunk what attracts people to others.
- Interpersonal Communication: Tips on improving interpersonal relations.
- Guidelines for Effective Interpersonal Communication: Comprehensive outline for improving interpersonal communications.
- Journal of Applied Social Psychology
- American Psychologist
- Basic and Applied Social Psychology
- Journal of Language and Social Psychology
- Journal of Experimental Social Psychology
- The Journal of Social Psychology
- Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice
- Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin
- Social Psychology Quarterly
- Journal of Social Work
- Social Behavior and Personality
- Journal of Social Issues
- Social Cognition
- American Psychological Association
- Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
- International Association for Relationship Research
- Society for Personality and Social Psychology
- Association for Research in Personality
- Association for Humanistic Psychology
- Society of Experimental Social Psychology